Franz Joseph Glacier

Franz Joseph Glacier
Coolest Trek of the Trip

Wednesday 30 January 2008

I'm so sad that Jenn is leaving...

So, after tonight, Jenn and I part our separate ways. She begins her journey home to the US and I begin my 1 week tour of the North Isalnd before I head to the West Coast of the US to enjoy time with friends and family. I am so going to miss her company and her tour guiding ability. I am guaranteed going to get lost about 3 times this next week without her. I swear- its going to be rough.

I am so glad that she got to spend this time here with me on my sabbatical. Looking back, I can't imagine doing this time away without friends. It made the trip that much more memorable. I think in years to come when we are settled with kids, we will be able to remember all the good times we had on this trip. I think we both are alured by the remoteness of New Zealand and look forward to telling others about it and possibly returning to further explore all that it has to offer here. I think we can both agree that of all the places we have been to over the past 5 weeks, we especially love Queenstown NZ. It has the small town character that we love but all that you would need in a city, it has glenorchy and Paradise only a drive away and most of all the Fergburger, which has been the best burger place of all. Queenstown is remote surrounded by wineries and immense natural beauty and if anything, we both agree it is a place that everyone that comes out here should visit.

I will update on the greatness of the north island and hopefully it will compare to what we have experienced. However, I don't know if anything ill compare to all that we have seen on the South Island and in Wellington. Go ALL BLACKS, GO PATS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was probably the saddest thing i have ever read!!! See you in Seattle!

Anonymous said...

Marissa, i made it home safely! A long 2+ days of traveling. I was lucky enough to spend the day at a FIJI resort during my layover. I miss you tons already. What an amazing adventure. Be safe, dont forget to collect all your tourist info! Keep posting. I will try to get some of the pictures on soon. Love you. Be safe.